Returns & Warranties
Return and Exchange Policy
(This does not apply to International or special order items, International and special orders are not returnable.)
Auto Customs provides you with 30 day satisfaction guarantee. You may return your product for any reason within 30 days of delivery of the product (Some restrictions apply. See information below.) If you find that you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, give us a call. If we are at fault, we will replace the parts or exchange them at our discretion and our cost.
- Non-defective items must be returned in resale condition.
- Return Material Authorization (RMA) numbers are good for 30-days from the date of issue.
- Returns are not accepted for International Orders, items that ship via freight truck and special order items unless we are at fault.
Return and Exchange Fees
We will pay the return shipping costs if the product is defective or the return is a result of our error. If the item is returned for any other reason, we will email you a shipping label. Once the product is returned and inspected, you will receive a refund, minus $25.00 for the shipping cost and a 10% restocking fee on items returned without an exchange. If you decide to exchange the product, there will be no restocking fee.
No returned merchandise will be accepted without a Return Material Authorization (RMA). If delivery of a package is refused without prior authorization, or for any reason other than obvious shipping damage, then you will be responsible for the shipping costs both ways and will be responsible for any restocking fees.
Items That Are Not Returnable
- Custom Painted Products
- Any item shipped via freight truck.
- Installed or Used items.
I Don’t Like the Product I Ordered or I Ordered the Wrong Product. How do I return it?
If the product is just not what you wanted or if you made a mistake when ordering, please follow these instructions:
- Contact Us or call our Customer Service Department at
888-855-4621 for an RMA (Return Material Authorization). Let us know the Order Number and reason for return. You will find your order number on your invoice copy.
- We will issue you an RMA (Return Material Authorization), and email you instructions, usually within 1-3 business days. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure exchanges and refunds can be completed as quickly as possible.
- Whenever possible, please repackage your return in the original manufacturer's packaging with all items including the instructions, tags, and all related hardware. Returned items must be in resale condition. Please return only items that have not been installed or used. Refunds and exchanges cannot be processed for any products returned damaged or with missing parts. If you receive your product damaged or with missing parts, please notify us immediately.
- Return shipping label will be emailed to you.
- Any product shipped back to Auto Customs without previous authorization will be refused and the customer will pay return shipping charges in addition to the aforementioned restocking fees.
- Send your return only to the warehouse address provided to you at the time we issue the return authorization number.
- Make sure to keep a record of the tracking number for your returning shipment. Auto Customs cannot be responsible for the returned items until we, or our agents (factory or warehouses), have signed for the packages.
- Auto Customs is not responsible for any items lost or damaged in shipping.
- A restocking fee of 10% on items returned without an exchange. If you decide to exchange the product, you will not be charged a restocking fee.
- Returns of non-defective products must be received in resale condition. The warehouse must inspect all non-defective returns before we can process refunds or exchanges.
- Please allow the usual banking time for refunds to appear on your credit card statement. This can take up to 7 business day from the day the refund is processed. Auto Customs does not accept COD's on returns.
- Refunds are returned to whatever form of payment that was used at the time of purchase.
- If you paid by check or money order, please allow 2 weeks after the return is processed to receive your refund check.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable.
How do I cancel an order?
**YOU MUST CALL IN and speak to a representative to officially cancel an order.
Orders CANNOT be canceled by email or voicemail. Orders are processed immediately to each shipping warehouse, therefore it is almost impossible to cancel an order before it has shipped. Custom made tonneau covers may be subject to fees upon cancellation due to manufacturer production costs. Fees may range from $50-$225 depending on which part of the process the cancellation is requested.
Please double check your email order confirmation for any errors as soon as you receive it. If we can cancel the order before it ships then there will be a $25 fee to cover processing fees.
My order was damaged in shipment.
UPS & FedEx Shipments
All items that are shipped are in new and unused condition. Most of the items you will purchase from us will be shipped using UPS or FedEx ground. If a package is delivered to you in damaged condition, you do have the option of refusing delivery of a package with obvious damage. If you accept delivery from UPS or FedEx and find it is damaged, please call us immediately at 1-
888-855-4621. Please save all boxes and packing material for inspection by the shipping company. Please DO NOT install your order if you receive it damaged or allow it to be installed, as we may not be able to replace damaged orders that have been installed on your vehicle. Digital photos of any damage or defects are always helpful.
Please see our freight policy for items that ship via freight truck.
Please call us when you need assistance in resolving a damage claim. We want this to be as painless as possible. These situations do happen and we are experienced in resolving damage claims.
We Sent You the Wrong Item or You are Missing Parts of Your Shipment
Please call us immediately regarding any mistakes on your order. We need to hear about problems within 30 days of order receipt. If you gave us the correct part number or vehicle information, and we made a mistake:
- Let us know which item(s) you received incorrectly or what you are missing. We will go over the situation with you and will find the simplest, fastest way to resolve our mistake.
Defects & Warranty Policy
At times there will be products that fail due to a manufacturer defect. We honors all warranties provided by the individual manufacturers. Generally, warranties cover defects in materials and workmanship. Manufacturers will replace the parts or exchange them, at their discretion, upon proof of warranty issues. Warranties do not cover damage resulting from normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, neglect, improper installation, fire, vandalism, act of God, or any form of abuse. Labor and shipping are not covered under any warranty. This is the responsibility of the customer.
Please contact customer service for more specific details.
How do I make a warranty claim?
To make a warranty claim please follow these steps:
- Call Customer Service at 1-
888-855-4621. Let us know the part number, order number, and the specific defect.
- Once we confirm the date the item was purchased and determine if the item is still under the manufacturer’s warranty time limit, we will ask you for a brief description of the defect. Digital photos of any damage or defects are always helpful and are sometimes necessary for the manufacturer to evaluate the damage and determine the best course of action. (Repair/Replace/Return).
- If the manufacturer determines that a product needs to be returned, please pack your return in a sturdy shipping carton using indestructible packing tape. Repackaging is the customer’s responsibility.
What is Guaranteed Fit?
Auto Customs offers our exclusive free "2 Way" shipping for all phone orders to make sure the parts you order are the right fit for your vehicle with no extra charges to you! This 2 Way shipping offer is available to our customers who call in to place their order with our sales reps, and meet these basic requirements:
- Order products that have a shipping destination within the Contiguous 48 States. Free shipping is unavailable for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and international orders or orders that must be shipped via freight truck
- Orders must meet our Free Shipping minimum (currently $150).
- Customers must have ordered over with phone with one of our sales reps.
- Customer must have provided us with accurate information for the vehicle they are ordering for.
- Customers allow us the opportunity to replace any incorrect parts with the correct ones.